Last Updated on May 22, 2023
Nakiri knives are a type of knife used for slicing vegetables, and they come in many different designs. All Nakiri knives serve one purpose: to cut thin slices of vegetables. However, there are different types of Nakiri knives that do this job better than others.
Comparison Table Chart for Best Japanese Nakiri Knife
|1||Henckels CLASSIC Christopher Kimball Edition 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife||9.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||KYOKU Nakiri Knife - 7" - Shogun Series - Japanese VG10 Steel Core Damascus Blade - with Sheath & Case||9.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|3||TUO Nakiri Knife - Vegetable Cleaver Kitchen Knives - Japanese Chef Knife German X50CrMoV15 Stainless Steel - Pakkawood Handle - 6.5" - Fiery Series||9.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|4||Nakiri Knife, 7 inches||9.4||Check Price on Amazon|
|5||KYOKU 7 Inch Nakiri Knife - Daimyo Series 12" Vegetable Cleaver with Ultra Sharp 7" Blade||9.2||Check Price on Amazon|
|6||Yoshihiro VG-10 46 Layers Hammered Damascus Nakiri/Usuba Japanese Vegetable Chefs Knife (Octagonal Ambrosia Handle)||9.2||Check Price on Amazon|
|7||Shun Cutlery Classic 6.5” Nakiri Knife; Kitchen Knife Handcrafted in Japan; Hand-Sharpened 16° Double-Bevel Steel Blade for Swift and Easy Precision Work; Beautiful D-Shaped Ebony PakkaWood Handle||9||Check Price on Amazon|
|8||Mercer Culinary Asian Collection Nakiri Vegetable Knife with NSF Handle||8.8||Check Price on Amazon|
|9||MOSFiATA 7” Nakiri Chef's Knife with Finger Guard and Blade Guard in Gift Box||8.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|10||TUO Nakiri Knife 6.5 inch Japanese Chef Knife Vegetable Fruit Cleaver Usuba Knife German HC Super Steel Ergonomic Pakkawood Handle with Gift Box-Goshawk Series||8.4||Check Price on Amazon|
What Is a Nakiri Knife?
A nakiri knife is one of the most popular knives because it’s used for vegetable preparation. The nakiri knife is a good choice for cutting vegetables because the blade doesn’t mar the surface of the vegetable like other cutting knives might. A nakiri knife should be around 240 mm in length and should consist of high-quality steel that should be made in Japan.
Best Japanese Nakiri Knife
With best inexpensive japanese nakiri knife, you can achieve perfect cuts with the ease and precision that only a quality Japanese knife can give.In this article we’ll take a look at the best Japanese knives on the market today.
1. Henckels CLASSIC Christopher Kimball Edition 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife
- High quality German stainless steel
- One-piece precision-forged construction
- Professional satin-finished blade is honed for long-lasting sharpness
- Ergonomic, traditional triple-riveted handle
- Dishwasher safe – hand washing recommended
2. KYOKU Nakiri Knife – 7″ – Shogun Series – Japanese VG10 Steel Core Damascus Blade – with Sheath & Case
- VG10 JAPANESE DAMASCUS STEEL – Manufactured with an ultra-sharp, cobalt-added, and cryogenically treated VG-10 Japanese Damascus steel cutting core at HRC 58-60 hardness, this 7 in.
- ERGONOMIC & WELL-BALANCED – The straight blade ensures the knife slices through meat with ease while alleviating fatigue and finger pains from long periods of slicing or chopping, perfectly blending performance and comfort.
- DURABLE HANDLE – The meticulously constructed, triple-riveted G10 handle has gone through special treatment, making it extremely impervious to heat, cold, and moisture; accented with a mosaic pin.
- SUPERIOR SHARPNESS – The ruthlessly sharp edge is handcrafted by seasoned artisans to a mirror polish at 8-12° double sided using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method; cryogenically treated for incredible hardness, flexibility, and corrosion resistance.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – Our knives come with a lifetime warranty, and we offer free exchange or return if the item is defective.
3. TUO Nakiri Knife – Vegetable Cleaver Kitchen Knives – Japanese Chef Knife German X50CrMoV15 Stainless Steel – Pakkawood Handle – 6.5″ – Fiery Series
- VERSATILE KNIFE: TUO 6.
- SUPER STEEL: Adopted German High-carbon Stainless steel, it promises you the blade won’t rust over time in most of the circumstances and easy to resharpen.
- PREMIUM PAKKAWOOD HANDLE: The full tang handle is made from our patent-pending high-density Pakkawood composite.
- WELL DESIGNED: From the striking grain of the polished pakkawood (sourced from Africa) handle to the gentle curve of the blade, this is an ergonomic full tang handle design for exceptional comfort and durability.
- TUO LIFETIME GUARANTEE: 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk-free.
4. Nakiri Knife, 7 inches
- UNLEASH THE CHEF WITHIN: Dice and slice vegetables easily with the Nunchi Japanese Nakiri Knife! Traditionally known as a Nakiri bocho, this Japanese vegetable cleaver is the perfect kitchen utensil for cutting greens.
- CUT ABOVE THE REST: Always cook with the confidence of a professional with this stainless steel knife! This amazing Japanese knife is made with 67 layers of VG-10 stainless steel, providing an incredibly sharp edge and a 60-62 rating on the hardness scale.
- READY FOR VEGETABLES: This superior Nakiri chef knife is ideal for expertly cutting long vegetables such as carrots, celery, or zucchini.
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: This 7-inch knife features an exquisite pakkawood handle that is ergonomic and provides a comfortable, non-slip grip to give you confidence in the kitchen.
- AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP: Handcrafted with beautiful Damascus steel for a unique, stunning finish, this Nakiri vegetable knife is made for true chefs and cooks.
5. KYOKU 7 Inch Nakiri Knife – Daimyo Series 12″ Vegetable Cleaver with Ultra Sharp 7″ Blade
- 7″ NAKIRI KNIFE: This vegetable knife is part of Kyoku’s premier Daimyo series, manufactured with modern technology and traditional care and craftsmanship; its Japanese 440C stainless steel has been vacuum heat treated and paired with a perfectly balanced rosewood handle to offer superior precision and control to home chefs and culinary professionals alike.
- ULTRA-SHARP BLADE: Sharpened to a 13 to 15 degree edge, this kitchen knife delivers exceedingly precise cuts through large vegetables, meat, fish, fruit, and more with negligible resistance; the steel’s 59-60 HRC strength provides unrivaled performance, superior corrosion resistance, and exceptional edge retention.
- CASE & ROSEWOOD HANDLE: The carefully constructed rosewood handle with its signature mosaic pin withstands cold, heat, corrosion, and moisture; the provided sheath and case allow you to preserve and store your knife with the cleanliness and care it deserves.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This knife’s meticulous craftsmanship provides you the perfect shape and weight distribution needed for well-balanced operation, preventing fatigue and cramp even in professional settings requiring extended sessions of use.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Order this Daimyo-class vegetable cleaver with your peace of mind assured thanks to its strong and lifelong warranty and Kyoku’s usual friendly 24/7 customer service!.
6. Yoshihiro VG-10 46 Layers Hammered Damascus Nakiri/Usuba Japanese Vegetable Chefs Knife (Octagonal Ambrosia Handle)
- Grade: Damascus / Edge Angle: Double Edged
- Knife Style: Nakiri
- Handle Shape: Octagonal / HRC: 60
- Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel / Handle Material: Ambrosia Handle
- Saya Cover: Magnolia Wood
7. Shun Cutlery Classic 6.5” Nakiri Knife; Kitchen Knife Handcrafted in Japan; Hand-Sharpened 16° Double-Bevel Steel Blade for Swift and Easy Precision Work; Beautiful D-Shaped Ebony PakkaWood Handle
- The Nakiri Knife is part of Shun’s Classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery; beauty, form and function are fused in this elegantly handcrafted, useful and high-performing kitchen tool.
- A traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables and produce, the Classic Nakiri has a 6.
- Swift, sharp and clean, the Classic Nakiri is great for kitchen needs like julienning carrots, slicing tomatoes, dicing onions, chopping peppers, peeling potatoes, trimming celery or paring avocados.
- Whether it’s needed for daily salad preparation or gourmet vegetable creations, both restaurant chefs and new home cooks trust the simple push cut of the Nakiri’s straight, razor-sharp edge.
- With its PakkaWood handle grip and corrosion-resistant steel blade, the 6.
8. Mercer Culinary Asian Collection Nakiri Vegetable Knife with NSF Handle
- Razor sharp, high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
- Single-edge blade is taper ground with a fine stone finish
- Offered with a traditional wood handle
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- Razor sharp high carbon, stain-free German steel
- Double-edge blade
- 16° edge on both sides
- Slip-resistant Santoprene handle
- NSF certified with a Limited Lifetime Warrany
9. MOSFiATA 7” Nakiri Chef’s Knife with Finger Guard and Blade Guard in Gift Box
- Multi-functional Chef’s Knife】: This MOSFiATA Super Sharp Nakiri Knife is made of high-quality German stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion and discoloration.
- Sharp Edge & 14~16° Sharpening Angle】: Sharpness is key.
- Sturdy Comfortable Handle】: The solid handle provides a safe, comfortable grip.
- Perfect Size and Weight】The standard length of the nakiri chef knife is 7-inch and is much easier to manipulate for different functions such as chopping, mincing, dicing, and slicing.
- Perfect as Gift】: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for a mother, father, grandparent or friend.
10. TUO Nakiri Knife 6.5 inch Japanese Chef Knife Vegetable Fruit Cleaver Usuba Knife German HC Super Steel Ergonomic Pakkawood Handle with Gift Box-Goshawk Series
- PROFESSIONAL NAKIRI KNIFE】: This Japanese 6.
- PREMIUM GERMAN STEEL】: The 6.
- RAZOR-SHARP BLADE EDGE】: Professional craftsmen hand sharpen accurately the blade edge of the Asian knife to 8-12 degrees on each side.
- ELEGANT AND PRACTICAL HANDLE DESIGN】: The ergonomic pakkawood handle has excellent anti-skid, moisture-proof, oil-proof, fire-proof and insulating properties.
- 100% SATISFACTION】: Each knife of TUO will go through multiple strict quality inspection procedures before leaving the factory.
What's the best way to use Japanese Nakiri Knife ?You might want to avoid using a nakiri knife to slice an avocado because it’s designed for cutting food. It doesn't have enough thickness to cut through the avocado skin. But if it’s a vegetable or salad, it’s great to be able to hold it with one hand, hold a piece of fish or steak with your other hand and chop it all up.
What are the advantages of a Nakiri Knife?Answer: The key difference between a regular cutting board and a nakiri (Japanese-style) cutting board is that a nakiri is shorter in length, and features a curved tip and straight side edges. These allow the chef to more easily make precise cuts with the knife, and also provide better leverage, giving you more control of your work. How To Choose The Best Japanese Nakiri KnifeDoes the thought of finding a great Japanese Nakiri Knife stress you out? Has your mind been juggling between choices when it comes to buying Japanese Nakiri Knife in general, specifically regarding which model to choose?If that’s the case, know that you’re not alone. Many people find it tough to buy the perfect Japanese Nakiri Knife for themselves. We understand the stress associated with the buying process!Since you’re here, you are obviously curious about Japanese Nakiri Knife. You’ve been bombarded with information, so you need to find a reputable source with credible options before you make any decisions on which product would be best for your needs.There are many sources that’ll provide you with that information- buying guides or ratings websites, word-of-mouth testimonials from friends or family members, online forums where users share their personal experiences, product reviews specifically found all over the internet and YouTube channels. Only thorough research will ensure that you get the right product.But that’s not always easy, right? That's why we've taken time to compile a list of the best Japanese Nakiri Knife in today's market, on your behalf, so that there will be no more worries for you.How did we come up with the list, you ask? How did we create this buying guide?
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Japanese Nakiri Knife currently on the market!
- Brand Value: What happens when you go for a not-so-reputable brand just because the price seems cheap? Well, the chance of getting a short-lasting product goes higher. That’s because the renowned brands have a reputation to maintain, others don’t.
- Features: You don’t need heaps of features, but useful ones. We look at the features that matter and choose the top Japanese Nakiri Knife based on that.
- Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products of higher specifications, but with the right balance.
- Customer Ratings: The hundreds of customers using the Japanese Nakiri Knife before you won’t say wrong, would they? Better ratings mean better service experienced by a good number of people.
- Customer Reviews: Like ratings, customer reviews give you actual and trustworthy information, coming from real-world consumers about the Japanese Nakiri Knife they used.
- Seller Rank: Now, this is interesting! You don’t just need a good Japanese Nakiri Knife, you need a product that is trendy and growing in sales. It serves two objectives. Firstly, the growing number of users indicates the product is good. Secondly, the manufacturers will hopefully provide better quality and after-sales service because of that growing number.
- Value For The Money: They say you get what you pay for. Cheap isn’t always good. But that doesn’t mean splashing tons of money on a flashy but underserving product is good either. We try to measure how much value for the money you can get from your Japanese Nakiri Knife before putting them on the list.
- Durability: Durability and reliability go hand to hand. A robust and durable Japanese Nakiri Knife will serve you for months and years to come.
- Availability: Products come and go, new products take the place of the old ones. Probably some new features were added, some necessary modifications were done. What’s the point of using a supposedly good Japanese Nakiri Knife if that’s no longer continued by the manufacturer? We try to feature products that are up-to-date and sold by at least one reliable seller, if not several.
- Negative Ratings: Yes, we take that into consideration too! When we pick the top rated Japanese Nakiri Knife on the market, the products that got mostly negative ratings get filtered and discarded.